Leadership Skills for Supervisors
Communication, Coaching, and Conflict
Supervisors represent an important force in the economy. You have the power to turn on or turn off the productivity of the people who report to you. You are the crucial interface between the employee on the shop floor or the service desk and the managers of the organization. Although you usually have more technical experience than the employees you supervise, you may not have had a lot of leadership experience. This one-day course will give you the skills in communication, coaching, and conflict that you need to be successful.
What Will Students Learn?
- Ways to prioritize, plan, and manage their time.
- How to identify their primary leadership style.
- How to develop some flexibility to use other leadership styles.
- Ways to meet the needs of employees and co-workers through communication and coaching.
- Ways to make conflict a powerful force for creative, well-rounded solutions to problems.
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Personalized certificate of completion
- Specialized manual and course materials
What Topics Are Covered?
- Pre-assignment review
- What’s your type? How about mine?
- Understanding leadership
- Managing your time and your energy
- The commitment curve
- Employee development models
- Dealing with conflict and difficult issues
- What successful leaders do
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 2
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 2
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Introduction and Pre-Assignment
What’s Your Type?
Manage Your Time and Your Energy
The Commitment Curve
Employee Development Models
Dealing with Conflict and Difficult Issues
What Successful Leaders Do